Improve the digital relationship with corporate banking customers
Disruption. Fintech’s. New market entrants. Transparency. Automation. Proactive personalisation. New digital business models. Contextual interaction. Journey innovation. How do we match all of this and the increasing expectations of corporate customers?
The banking industry is being disrupted – both by new entrants to the market and by new digital solutions from existing players. This has been visible in the personal client area and is now entering the corporate world of banking. The expectations for fast, transparent, easily accessible financing solutions are permeating the corporate banking market.
The battle for the loyalty of corporate customers means that banks must provide more than simple financing solutions. Historically, the relationship between a bank and a business banking customer has primarily been based on the personal relationship to a named advisor.
To win the loyalty of business banking customers in a future digital scenario, banks need to offer proactive value adding advices or insights and make important financial decisions easy.
Our ambition is to enhance our relationship with new and existing customers and to become recognised as the most trusted financial partner. We already have a portfolio of digital solutions, but we might be falling short of meeting the future needs of Start-ups and Small and Medium Enterprise (SME) businesses. SME customers are defined as customers with a turnover of EUR 2-10 million.
Develop a digital solution that will allow the bank to strengthen the digital relation to new or existing customers by offering value to the customer.
The solution should approach the Danish market, and at a later stage be scalable to the Nordic market.
The approach could be:
- Develop a digital service for the customers that enables them to: make peer comparisons, get business intelligence insights, business development data, market trends, financial optimisation data
- Develop a digital solution that based on e.g. pattern recognition can help to get a better understanding of the SME’s financial needs, and hence develop customized services
Furthermore, the approach could consider:
- How can the digital advice provided act as pipeline for attracting new customers? And which new technologies and/or platforms can assist us in enabling contact to potential customers?
- Which data points from the customer’s own data or publicly available data could be integrated and used for value adding insights to the customer?
- How new ways of funding, e.g. crowd funding, could be leveraged in a traditional bank setting?
We are looking for conceptual out-of-the-box thinking from you, not solutions based on specific data.
In general, the business banking industry is determined both by high digitalization of the customers’ daily financial activities (e.g. debtor tracking’s, order payments) and by a highly personal relation when it comes to new solutions and advices (e.g. financing of a new production facility or financial set-up for moving into a new market).
Danske Bank has a stronghold on the perception of being a digital leader in the market. See the appendix for more details.
Danske Bank has already invested in the digital area and today offers several online products, including markets best business eBanking systems and MobilePay Business. Read more about the products and online offerings at Danske Banks Business homepage.
- Overview of the online solutions we offer to our cutomers
Tablets and smartphones – iOS and Android
- We offer our eBanking solutions also on the go
- Read more here
- An example of how data on peers and industries can work as business optimization input for our customers
- Example of an ambition to communicate more simple and contextual to customers, focusing on their needs rather than on our solutions.
- Business customers are very concerned with data security. They want to protect their business. We have guidelines and advice on our website on this.
Website facilitated by Danske Bank for start-ups. To facilitate knowledge sharing and network in the start-up industry
If you have any questions or need for additional information, please do not hesitate to contact Project Manager Gitte Knoth Sørensen, email@example.com
HAVE A GREAT TIME