How can Augmented Reality Money Trail lead to sustainable behavior?
We are living in a 3D world, why should our financial data live in 2D?
How can we use and enhance financial decision to be a key driver to create a positive impact on the local community, city and the world? Using advanced AR technology, we can provide a better understanding of our geographical money trail and provide advices and alternatives for a more sustainable lifestyle and decision-making.
Keywords: Augmented Reality, Business Intelligence, Consumer Data, Geo-Location, Responsible Consumer, Responsible Behavior, Sustainability.
Industry: Banking, Private segment, Small-Medium-Enterprises (SME)
Nykredit provides financial services for our clients which include both the private segment (primarily house owners) and enterprises. We maintain a great amount of money transaction data for each of them, but we can do better in visualizing this data. The benefit for such effort has significant contribution to making improved data driven financial decisions for our clients.
Augmented Reality is now readily available in most mobile phones of our client base, and we are currently investigating how to take advantage of this promising technology to their benefit.
Visualize transaction data as 3D objects in an augmented reality setting that enables our customers to choose a more responsible consuming behavior. The way we see our transaction data today has an enormous potential to provide insight and transparency on:
- The individual level in ways that will enable us to make better decisions in our financial and consuming life. Potentially, enabling us to save money, buy more sustainable products, reduce the need for commuting etc.
- An aggregated level where it will allow us to reveal patterns relevant for business, shopping, city planning etc.
Last but not at least are we supporting and hoping to take part in a new business opportunity, where we will go all the way together. We will start by giving you good tools, good data sets and available experts. We believe that with a creative mind and a mix of innovative students will create mind-blowing solutions. Please challenge us!
We provide three examples as inspiration representing three possible directions this challenge could take. We also reinforce these decisions by showing how they tie to the sustainable developments goals as defined by the UN.
- Private user: An AR visualization on a map on your mobile device of a single user expenses in your proximity. This allows users to make better decisions on where physically they are spending their money, and if they would like to travel further, or shop closer to home. It can also make it clearer that the users spend a large portion of their consumption in a certain expense location. This challenge is tied to Development Goal 3, which ensures healthy lives and well-being.
- Small Medium Enterprise: Collective exploration in AR of a neighborhood in terms of the expenses registered in its businesses. This would allow businesses to know their market better and would support development goal 8, which aims at promoting sustainable economic growth. By visualizing expenses certain economic opportunities becomes clear (e.g. suggesting closer alternative business as an alternative to a popular destination).
- Nykredit: Given the population’s expanses, and assume you are given an evaluation of one’s property and mortgage details and monthly income, come up with a way to visualize possible fault risk for each loan in AR. This would support goal 11, which asks to make cities resilient and sustainable, as reducing the number of faults in mortgages would imply an increased trust in citizens in the economic well-being of their residence.
Link / Access
Nykredit and Nordic API Gateway will provide a sample transaction of one-year history of 100 individuals anonymously in the form:
- Transaction ID
- Location Long\Lat
Regarding infrastructure, we provide access, support and license to relevant Oracle products (IaaS, PaaS) For example the Oracle Could Container Native Application, Wercker Pipelines, Oracle Container Registry, Oracle Container Engine and registery, Container Engine for Kubernetes, different data store, GPU and HPC upon special request and much more.
Lastly, we will provide technical intros to ARkit, ARcore etc.
Below links are inspiration for our vision
AR storytelling from the stock market: experience-augmented-reality-wsj-app-ios/
VR meets financial services: youtube.com/watch
Financial Data with Augmented Reality: youtube.com/watch
HAVE A GREAT TIME!